About the Journal
Jurnal Pengajian Media Malaysia, JPMM (Malaysian Journal of Media Studies) is a peer reviewed interdisciplinary journal in media and communication studies, published twice a year, Jun and December. Contributions of research articles, theoretical papers, concepts paper as well as article/ book reviews in media and communication studies and related fields are welcomed. The journal provides an intellectual venue for academics, postgraduate students and practitioners in the field of human services to debate on the various issues in the area of studies aforementioned. Authors can submit their manuscripts in either English or Malay language. JPMM is indexed in Google Scholar, the Malaysian Citation Centre and MyCite Citation Report.
The editors welcome research papers, essays and reviews either in English or Bahasa Melayu. The journal will only consider manuscripts not previously published or currently under consideration by another publication. By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright of the article is transferred to the publisher when it is accepted for publication.
Manuscripts should be submitted and uploaded preferably through JPMM Open Journal System (OJS) by registration as a new user.
Authors are required to fill in the copyright transfer form here: JPMM Copyright Transfer Form
- Authors are expected to carefully proofread their work before submission.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced typed pages, Times new Roman, Font 12.
- Manuscripts for research paper should be confined to approximately 7000-8000 words while review approximately 3000-5000 words.
- All articles should be accompanied by an abstract of about 100 words and five keywords in English. Articles in Malay should include English versions of the Malay abstract, keywords and full title.
- Articles should be accompanied by a cover page with the paper title and author/s details (institutional affiliation, email address, postal address). Author name and other identification information must not appear anywhere else in the manuscript, except the cover page.
- Manuscripts should conform to relevant stylistic guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).